THE GEORGIA COUNCIL

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Fear of Unity

J-Dawg, Revolutionary Riders

Many Motorcycle Clubs choose to be divided within the community over being unified. That’s right. Being part of a unified MC Community is a choice, but MCs that choose not to become part of a unified community, does so for different reasons. Fear of Unity in the MC Community is crazy. And I must say that division of the MC Community doesn’t only come from outside, but also from within. Some reasons are as follows:

1. There are definite rules to follow in the MC Community.

2. There’s a protocol to adhere to within the MC Community.

3. There will be leaders and followers. Many don’t know how to lead or follow.

4. Egos must be check at the door.

5. Recognition must be earned.

In recent times the MC Community, not only within Metro Atlanta, but throughout Georgia have come to a state of serious divided instead of united. This has been for not only reasons set forth above, but for many others. On the contrary, those MCs that have decided not to support the GAC choose not to for whatever reason, but steadily hang on the sidelines taking the support of those MCs that do, but not giving the same support as is required in the Real MC Community. See, it’s quite simple. “Support those MCs that support your MC and what your MC support and stand for.” MCs are formed for more than simply the brotherhood (or sisterhood for the female MCs) of sharing an enthusiasm for riding their motorcycles. You really don’t have to be in MC for that, just ride your motorcycle. Hell, you don’t even need to establish an MC to enjoy hanging out on the MC Set, but you do have to become an MC to get a piece of the MC action. The Money Action. If it’s not about the money, ask yourself a few questions…. How come clubs 5 years and younger charge $10 or more for their anniversary party when $5 was the going rate to have a good time? Or, how is it when an MC is less than 5 years old with a club house and wants every other clubs to have parties at their clubhouse, charge them and then charge guest $5 for a $1.50 beer? And here’s 1 that has nothing to do with money…. How can a club stay a club even when they can’t keep the minimum of 5 members to be a club? Really? Many clubs haven’t been established long enough to understand that MCs with 15 years or better should have a clubhouse and it’s the younger clubs’ responsibility to support those clubhouses because they provide a safe place for MCs to have fun without pressure for the civilian world.

In order to have a united MC Community, all MCs must be on the same page in reference to protocol, support and unity. It’s not rocket science.

What do you think about MCs supporting those MCs who don't support you and your club?

August 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leeky B

You have singe good points but what do you mean when you say MCs supporting this MCs who don't support you and your club? Do you have to support a MC or do you have a choice on.who you support? I'm not in a club yet but worried that if i join i will be told who i can our can't support based on politics that i heard about from the gac
August 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Big14

My brother take notes to the following comments made by J-Dogg

1. To hang out on the MC set you dont need to be MC

2. To ride your bike you dont need to be MC

3. To claim MC status there is a both a process and requirements

4. Those that dont want to follow MC protocal/guidelines and or requirements are subject to no support by those that have done things properly

So which ever club you decide to connect with and hopefully it is one that understands and supports the common cause, they will demonstrate or help you to see the benefits of unity and help you to be knowledgable in the ways of MC!

September 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leeky B

Big14 at September 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

My brother take notes to the following comments made by J-Dogg

1. To hang out on the MC set you dont need to be MC

2. To ride your bike you dont need to be MC

3. To claim MC status there is a both a process and requirements

4. Those that dont want to follow MC protocal/guidelines and or requirements are subject to no support by those that have done things properly

So which ever club you decide to connect with and hopefully it is one that understands and supports the common cause, they will demonstrate or help you to see the benefits of unity and help you to be knowledgable in the ways of MC!

thanks, I have been hanging out on the MC set for awhile now and I really only see the same handful of MCs out riding. I see some showing up at different events but really for ATL to have so many MCs you don;t see them on their bikes at all. What is the purpose of unity if they don't ride? The ATL set has confused me because ppl talk about unity but I keep hearing "subject to no support by those that have done things properly"...so who is the judge of what is proper? Maybe I'll just stay away from this set because you all seem as confused as I am about being a biker.

October 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Upcoming Events

Saturday, Aug 19 at 4:00 AM - Sunday, Aug 20 3:59 AM
Friday, Aug 25 All Day
Saturday, Aug 26 All Day
Saturday, Aug 26 All Day

Recent Blog Entries

No recent entries